The World Health Organization says that your "health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being (emphasis mine) and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
* I am an interactive, strengths-focused therapist specializing in the treatment of anxiety and depression.
* I provide brief (three to five month) psychotherapy to individuals who are experiencing self-esteem and relationship problems, difficulty with stress and life transitions, and trauma-specific issues.
* My office is in El Cerrito, CA, located in the the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area.
* My therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help you reduce psychological distress and effectively increase psychological and physical heath.
* Together we identify your needs and build on your strengths so that you can increase your capacities to pursue goals, improve relationships, and attain a more deeply satisfying life.
While I currently do not accept insurance, I am happy to help you complete any forms your coverage entity needs for an out-of-network provider. See Rates and Insurance for questions to ask your provider about your coverage.
The best way to contact me is to leave a confidential voice message with your name, phone number, and some best times for me to call back.
I am usually able to return calls by the end of the day, and almost always within 24 hours, unless my voice message says otherwise.
Marilyn C. Wilts, Ph.D., PSY 14688
Address: 419 Kearney Street, El Cerrito, CA 94530
Dr. Wilts is licensed by the California Board of Psychology, and credentialed since 1998 by the National Register of Health Service Psychologists.
Dr. Wilts is listed with Star Behavioral Health Providers,
a resource for veterans, service members and their families.